Mr. Wilson Made it Home!

Mr. Wilson Made it Home!
Mr. Wilson

Saturday, March 14, 2015

I Smell a Book!

I put the book in Mr. Wilson's favorite spot. He's not sure if he wants to read it, or eat it. Or maybe toss it abound a little, run through the house and let us chase him. I've never met a creature who appreciates order more than Mr. Wilson. If his schedule is interrupted he's just not the same happy go lucky dog he is when it isn't.

Funny how he managed to fit into our schedule and make it his own. He knows when it's time to go, when it's time to play, when it's time to rest and when it's time to eat. I read somewhere that a dog's sense of smell is so different from ours that they tell time by the aromas in their mind.

When I leave the house without him my scent is strong. As the day day progresses it dissapates, and at the point in time that my scent triggers in his mind the time of my arrival back home his expectation rises, and he anticipates my return.

I wonder if he can see the book, and differentiate it from others by smelling his picture on it. Unlikely, but the more I learn about dogs, the more I realize I don't know.





No comments:

Post a Comment