Mr. Wilson Made it Home!

Mr. Wilson Made it Home!
Mr. Wilson

Friday, September 12, 2014

Revisions

Working on the revisions to Mr. Wilson Makes it home has been an eye opening experience. I wrote the book last year, it took a while for me to be rejected a few dozen times before ultimately securing a reputable publisher that actually agreed to pay me to publish the book rather than having me pay them to do so. There seems to be an overabundance of people and companies out there who want nothing more than to take money out of my pockets and put it into theirs.

The amount of reading material available for free makes it kind of hard to get noticed by the book buying public, so I hope that our book manages to stand out. I do know that I was in an emotional place when I wrote the book, Mr. Wilson has a tendency to bring out the best in me, and I hope that I managed to convey all of the great things that have happened to my family since we decided to adopt a homeless dog.

Mr. Wilson is now firmly entrenched in our lives, and the raw emotion that was present for the first year that we had him has diminished, and he has helped us to remember our previous two dogs, Lakota and Zimba without the pain we felt after losing them.

I'm glad I wrote the book when I did, I don't think I could have done it now, things have settled, and the need to remember the painful loss while feeling  the happiness that Wilson brought has moved into the storage bin of my brain where it belongs. I still have pangs of regret and loss when I think of the dogs I've had to let go, but those feelings are fleeting, and I'm moving on with my life, and there is plenty of room now for new experiences.

Thanks for reading, it's time for a walk.

"Come on Wilson, there's a world out there waiting for us!"



No comments:

Post a Comment