Mr. Wilson Made it Home!

Mr. Wilson Made it Home!
Mr. Wilson

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Even Now

"Dad, how come Mom never comes with us on our walks?"
"She doesn't walk that well, Mr. Wilson."
"I know, but doesn't she want to?"
"More than anything in the world, my little friend."
"Then why doesn't she?"
"Sometimes good people get sick, little buddy. And when they do they lose things, things that are precious to them, things like the ability to move freely and think clearly."
"That's not fair."
"No, it's not. It's just the way it is."
"Then why do we walk when Mom can't, that doesn't seem fair to her. I say we stop walking and go home and stay with her, that way we can all be together."
"Because if we didn't go for our walks, she'd feel even worse."
"That doesn't make any sense."
"Multiple Sclerosis doesn't make any sense."
"Do dogs get Multiple Sclerosis?"
"I guess they do, or something like it that dogs get."
"Promise me something?"
"What's that Mr. Wilson?"
"If I get sick, keep on walking, but don't forget me."
"I'll never forget you."
"And Mom?"
"She's with me every second."
"Even now?"

"Even now."

No comments:

Post a Comment