Mr. Wilson Made it Home!

Mr. Wilson Made it Home!
Mr. Wilson

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Thinking with Mr. Wilson

"I find all of this technology a little overwhelming when I think about it, which is exactly what I do when I can't sleep. The thought of my life being controlled by things that I don't understand is a little unsettling. If I were to take a farmer out of the year 1650, and plank him in front of a keyboard he wouldn't know what to do.

Can you imagine!



But imagine this; that same farmer, who could not yet read, found it incomprehensible that symbols on a

page, and then a number of pages bound together and then bound in leather held words that when pieced together told stories of things past, or even things that had never happened, and could fill a person's head with images that elicited emotion, wonder and inspiration.

And before him, when people lived in caves and grunted, and one of them put those grunts into order, and another figured out how to respond, and different sounding grunts meant different things, and before long there was language, and that language told stories of things that had happened, and maybe even things yet to come...

One thing is certain; the more I know the less I understand, aint that right Mr. Wilson.?"

"I don't know, Dad, it all seems pretty simple to me."

"Thanks buddy. Let's get some sleep."




No comments:

Post a Comment