Mr. Wilson Made it Home!

Mr. Wilson Made it Home!
Mr. Wilson

Friday, November 21, 2014

I'm Walking the Dog...

I love walking a dog who listens. It gives me time to think, and somebody to hear the thoughts I've been thinking, other than myself. Perhaps what makes dogs such wonderful companions is their abilty to listen without offering opinions of their own. They are silent sentinals - their emotional reactions to the world we share need to be interperted by us, thus making us more in tune with our surroundings, the people we carry in our hearts and the animals at the end of our leashes. Talk is cheap, and nobody knows that better than a dog. They don't worry about idle chatter; their time on earth is relatively short, so they fill their moments with quiet reflection and comfort the people on the other end of the leash with their silent tranquility.

Until another dog crosses their vision, and all bets are off!

No comments:

Post a Comment