Mr. Wilson Made it Home!

Mr. Wilson Made it Home!
Mr. Wilson

Friday, November 14, 2014

Liking Humans

People who like animals more than people worry me. Animals are great, there is no doubt about that, they seldom let you down, are generally good spirited folks, are cute and cuddly, or stoic and watchful. Can't say enough about them, they really are great. But they don't speak. They don't have the ability to communicate with us on an equal level. They  are easily controlled.

People on the other hand present endless challenges, and infinite possibilities. It's work maintaining a relationship with other people, and the work includes far more giving and compromise than a relationship with an animal. It's easy to be in control when dealing with a dog, or a cat, not so much with another person.

And while I'm on my soapbox, when is the last time you heard about a random pet rescuing and fostering a human? Sure there's seeing eye dogs, and search and rescue dogs, but I've yet to have one fix me my dinner. Except of course, my cats, who have been known to deliver a random snake, bird or rodent to my door as some kind of primitive gift. The gesture is always appreciated, but I always get the feathers stuck in my throat when I try and eat the birds.

Whenever I watch YouTube videos about animal rescues I can't help focusing on the people doing the rescuing rather than the animals being rescued. The people are the real heroes, and I find myself drawn to them, and find that they are more inspiring than the people who have abused and neglected the animals who need rescue are repulsive.

I guess I'm just proud to be part of the human race.




No comments:

Post a Comment